|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Poetry Contest! 500 Points!!!Okay, deviants, here is another contest.
This is a POETRY contest. The winner of this contest will receive 500 from me.
Here's how to win:
1. It can be any type of poem, as long as it has AT LEAST 2 STANZAS!
(A stanza is an arrangement of a certain number of lines, usually four or more, sometimes having a fixed length, meter, or rhyme scheme, forming a division of a poem. [reference: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stanza])
2. IT MUST BE A NEW POEM. I will check. If it is a poem you have already written before the date I am typing this journal, 3/16/2013, then it will be disqualified.
3. MUST be an ORIGINAL poem. Nothing from google or any sites.
4. It can be any type of content, it doesn't matter. Write your heart out.
5. FAVE this journal, PROMOTE this journal as your own or spread the word, and COMMENT with a link to your poem for this contest.
6. DEADLINE is 3/30/13 at 11:59:59 pm EST.
1. Watch me ^^ link above.
2. If you're looking
You Were Not An Aquarium BoySea-glass became your bones,
brine your blood, and seashells
melded into your skin.
You were not quite an ocean
when you said "This is your sign to love me."
My body was like a building;
tall, cold, almost unbreakable.
I was metallic and sharp,
towering over your waters.
I remember taking your hand in mine,
conch and coral shells scrubbing
my skyscraper wrists, and laughing
about how one day you would
submerge every last bit of me.
Your lips, riddled with argonauts,
found my cheek and I cringed
at the coarseness.
You asked if they bothered me
and I finally told you "I
think I love you."
Keep in Touch!
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More